This chapter is about gadgets that make life easier for people who have problems with aspects of everyday living. It is written for people who have ageing parents or friends and relatives who could be helped in this way.
This free PDF may also be useful to for professional carers who would like an introduction to accessibility, telecare and assistive technology that they can give to clients and their relatives.
The chapter is very close to my heart as it is based on my most recent research. For this reason I included it in my book “Explore your iPad – for seniors”, even though it is mainly about technologies that are not iPad oriented!
- Seeing and hearing
- How-to-do-it guide – seeing and hearing
- Aside – different kinds of human memory
- How-to-do-it guide – forgetfulness
- Keeping out of hospital
- Aside – Is activity monitoring “watching over you” or “spying”?
- How-to-do-it guide – keeping out of hospital
- Caring for someone with dementia
- How-to-do-it guide – caring for someone with dementia
- Invention needed
- Related chapters and other material