This Glossary starts with brief explanations of the various things you may tap/touch while using an app on an iPhone or iPad. I think of these as “touchscreen buttons”. There are also sections on what you can do with: physical buttons, gestures, the touchscreen keyboard, a stylus and speech.
The Glossary comes from my book “Explore your iPad – for seniors” This is a guide for people who want to explore their iPad for themselves rather than follow detailed instructions.
Contents of Glossary (free PDF )
- Touchscreen buttons, general
- Touchscreen buttons, specific to media players and recorders (sounds or pictures)
- Physical buttons
- Gestures that work like buttons
- Bringing up and using the touchscreen keyboard
- Talking to your iPad, Siri
- Finger not working try a stylus
See also my previous post – A recipe to do anything with a tablet or phone